Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sheryl Sandberg




“Behind every successful man is a woman. Then why can’t she come forward and be successful herself?”
Sheryl Kara Sandberg (born August 28, 1969) is currently the COO of Facebook. She has always been the topper of her class wherever she went and started a aerobic class when she was in high school. She studied in Harvard business school and later worked in companies like McKinsey & Company, world bank, Google Inc. where she served as its Vice President of a Global Online Sales & operations before moving to facebook. She is the person behind bringing advertisement into facebook and making facebook go public(shares). She has written the book “Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead” where she has written about why there are very few women in any field and how to increase the strength of women. She had constantly been ranked in top 100 of “the most influential people”, “time magazine”, “the wall street journal”

I came to know about Sherly Sandberg when I was checking out the list of the most well-known women in it industry, and the fact that she was the person behind making facebook so rich made me read about her instantly.

Reading about her gave me more thirst to achieve big in my life and be an example to all the women in the world and encourage them to step forward and accomplish wonders and making them believe more in themselves. Sujit sir’s session is already having such huge impact in me and I can see the changes myself and I truly believe that by the end of 5 weeks I will be a person who will inspire many more women. Can you imagine how would facebook be without this woman? I am sure it would be like any other social networking sites and Mark wouldn’t be the richest social networking site developer. 

Few years from now. I would like to see myself as a person who has accomplished wonders and has inspired many more to be entrepreneurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment